British Columbia’s Strata Property Act (SPA) requires most strata corporations to have a depreciation report completed by December 13, 2013.
VISOA has presented several seminars on this topic as well as various articles in its quarterly Bulletin.
This publication is a response to our members request for an educational guide on depreciation reports.
Contributors to this publication are:
- Allan Singleton-Wood –Former Corporate Publisher, Maclean Hunter Ltd.
- Shawn M. Smith — Lawyer, White Rock BC; Partner – Cleveland Doan LLP.
- David Grubb — VIS 415, Victoria BC, Former VISOA Director
- Jan Craig — President of Strata VIS 1578, Victoria BC
- Rudy Wouts — P.Eng., Clear Path Engineering, Calgary, AB
Also included is the current text of the Strata Property Act referencing depreciation reports and with permission the complete Guide 12 published by the Office of Housing and Construction Standards (Ministry of Energy, Mines and Natural Gas).