Update June 9, 2023! Read our blog post Next Steps for BC Stratas as EV Ready Funding Ends regarding changes to funding available to strata corporations wishing to install EV charging infrastructure and charging stations.
News! On May 11, 2023, changes to the Strata Property Act became effective that make it easier for strata corporations and owners to install electric vehicle charging stations in strata properties. Read our blog post to learn more. Some changes are now in effect. Other changes will come into effect when regulations are created.
As strata owners, councils and property managers, you have questions about how to install and manage electric vehicle (EV) chargers and systems in your strata corporation. On this page, you will find webinars, resources, and links to provide the information you need.
With new Federal requirements that all new passenger car and truck sales be zero emission by 2035, it’s important that strata corporations plan for the needs of owners and residents.
Clean BC – Go Electric Webinar Series:
Update: This series dedicated separate webinars to each of the four rebates previously offered by the Clean BC – Go Electric Charger Rebate Program. As of June 15, 2023 there are major changes to the rebates offered by CleanBC. Read our blog post Next Steps for BC Stratas as EV Ready Funding Ends regarding changes to funding available to strata corporations wishing to install EV charging infrastructure and charging stations.
These webinars still offer valuable information about the steps involved in your project, EV charging infrastructure, operating costs and management of these systems, and how to comply with the Strata Property Act every step of the way.
We gratefully acknowledge the financial support of the Province of British Columbia through the Minister of Energy, Mines and Low Carbon Innovation.
- EV Ready Plans for Condominium Stratas: Download the slides | Watch on YouTube
- EV Electrical Infrastructure Rebates for Condominium Stratas: Download the slides | Watch on YouTube
- EV Charging Stations: Rebates for Stratas: Download the slides | Watch on YouTube
- EV Charging for Townhouse Stratas (also applies to duplexes): Download the slides | Watch on YouTube
- EV Charging: Working with your strata council: Download the slides | Watch on YouTube
- Choosing a Contractor for EV Charging Installations in Stratas: webinar by Neil Normandeau, Electrical Joint Training Committee, EVITP (Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Training Program): Download the slides | Watch on YouTube | See Q&A | Find EVITP Certified installers
- VISOA Webinar Recordings on YouTube
Resources and Links:
- Workbook (to be updated shortly): Planning EV Charging for your Condominium Strata Corporation: Strata EV Planning Workbook (pdf version) | Strata EV Planning Workbook (Word version)
- Step-by-step infographic for stratas (to be updated shortly): How to Get EV Ready
- CleanBC – Go Electric official site: goelectricbc.gov.bc.ca
- CleanBC – Go Electric EV Charger Rebate Program Guide
- BC Hydro Form: Request for Customer Load Data
- Municipalities, Townships, and Districts offering Rebate Top-ups
- EV charging stations eligible for rebates: Use the search tool
- Sample survey: councils can use Google Forms to set up their own survey for free and gauge owners’ interest in EVs: Take the sample survey now
If you have any suggestions for this page, contact: EVcharging@visoa.bc.ca
District of Saanich:
Visit Saanich’s website to learn about rebates for EV Ready Plans and electrical infrastructure installations for condominium strata corporations located in the District of Saanich.