Volunteer with us!
VISOA is a non profit society. VISOA is unique in that our board members are volunteers and receive no remuneration. For 50 years VISOA has been operated by volunteers with the knowledge, expertise and passion to help other strata owners. Since 2013, VISOA has employed part-time staff for processing memberships, data entry and other administrative tasks.
If you are interested in volunteering, please complete our secure online volunteer application form to tell us about your interests and experience, or contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org Here are a few examples of volunteer positions and tasks:
- Board member
- Volunteer coordinator
- Bulletin editor
- Writing articles for the Bulletin, blog posts and social media
- Editing, updating publications
- Updating website
- Booking event rooms, organizing workshops or seminars
- Greeting and refreshments at in-person events
- Video recording and sound at in-person seminars
- Video and audio editing of seminars and webinars
- Office support, assisting the office administrator
- Strata Support Team (requires a high level of knowledge about the Strata Property Act and other legislation)
- Or pitch your idea of how your skills can help VISOA
We are seeking a volunteer coordinator to organize, recruit, and support a small group of volunteers. We are looking for an individual with strong computer skills and the ability to work independently and remotely. The volunteer coordinator works closely with office staff, volunteer board members, the marketing, and social media committees to coordinate recruiting new volunteers, and the presentations committee to coordinate volunteers for in-person and virtual events. The ideal candidate will be friendly with great communication skills and committed to inclusive and equitable experiences. If you’re interested in learning more about our non-profit society and the education and support that we provide to strata owners (condos, townhouses), we’d love to meet you for a virtual coffee! Contact email@example.com
Honorary Life Members
Honorary Life Member is an honorific title awarded by the Board which does not confer voting rights.
At the AGM in 2015, members passed the following criteria for awarding Honorary Life Membership:
- Strength of commitment to VISOA members and evidence of long-term volunteer service, and/or
- Length of service as a Board Member will be taken into consideration.
VISOA’s Honorary Life Members are:
Tony Davis (2015)
Cleve Patterson (2015)
Elsie Lockert (2015)
Harvey Williams (2015)
Linda Thompson (2016)
Claudio Procopio (2016)
Sandy Wagner (2020)
David Grubb (2022)
John Webb (2022)
Thank you to these incredible volunteers for their exemplary contributions over the years.