Complaints about parking, pets, people? Have questions about the Strata Property Act, bylaws, condo management, strata operating and contingency reserve funds, or council concerns?
For answers, check out:
If you can’t find an answer there, the Strata Support Team is available to provide assistance to VISOA members, based on your membership type. See details below.
Holiday Hours: The office and Strata Support Team will close December 24 and will return on January 3
There are two ways for VISOA members to contact the Support Team:
- Online: Complete the Strata Support Team contact form. Generally, we will reply by email within 48 hours.
- By phone: Leave a voice message at 250-920-0222 or toll free at 1-877-33-VISOA (877-338-4762). Generally, we will return your call within 7 days.
The Strata Support Team provides assistance to VISOA members in understanding strata life and interpreting the Strata Property Act.
- Corporate members may receive assistance regarding strata council business or individual matters.
- Individual members may receive assistance regarding matters in their personal capacity as an owner, not in their role as a council member or on behalf of a strata council.
- Associate members may receive general information, not specific to any strata as they are not an owner.
- If you are not a member, learn about the benefits of membership.
VISOA’s Strata Support Team consists of volunteers who are experienced in dealing with strata issues and understanding the Strata Property Act. The comments provided by them are information only and should not be considered either as legal or technical advice. Professional advice should be sought as appropriate. No person is permitted to use a reference to VISOA, and its members who are acting on behalf of VISOA, in a manner which claims, implies or suggests that VISOA, or such members, have given a legal or technical opinion, ruling or determination on a particular issue.
VISOA’s Strata Support Team members are bound by a confidentiality agreement and will not disclose the contents of correspondence or telephone conversations of the enquirer with any other person except that team members may share such information amongst themselves for advice and quality control.
VISOA is a registered non-profit society. The Strata Support Team service is made possible through funding from memberships. If you are not already a member, please consider providing your support by becoming a member. Learn more about the different types of membership.