Strata Owners Helping Strata Owners
Celebrating 50 Years 1973-2023
The Vancouver Island Strata Owners Association (VISOA) is an independent, non-profit organization supported solely by membership fees. Formed in 1973, it is the longest-running organization of its kind in Canada. VISOA provides education, support, and advocacy for BC strata owners and strata corporations. Membership is open to any resident of BC, strata corporations (such as condominiums, town homes, bare land and commercial stratas), and businesses that provide goods and services to stratas. As part of its mandate, VISOA meets with government and industry associations, and sits on advisory panels to advocate for BC strata owners and strata corporations.
Volunteer with Us!
For 50 years VISOA has been operated by volunteers who understand the need for an organization to provide education and support to strata owners in BC. Learn about in person and virtual volunteer positions on our Volunteer with Us page.
See webinar schedule and register:
September 16: Getting started as a strata landlord
See workshop schedule and register:
October 28: Workshop: Best Practices for Strata Secretaries
November 25: Workshop: Best Practices for Strata Treasurers
Learn about recent changes to the Strata Property Act and Regulations:
- Nov 24, 2022: Rentals, age restriction bylaws, and electronic meetings
- Apr 1, 2023: New Form B Information Certificate
- Effective Nov 1, 2023: Minimum Contribution to the CRF
- Apr 26, 2023: Bill 22 passed: changes re electric vehicle charging
- Apr 25, 2023: Bill 24 passed: amendment to clarify age restriction bylaws
- May 1, 2023: Age Restriction Bylaws: New Exemptions for Spouses and Children
Electric Vehicle Charging for Stratas
Visit our page dedicated to Electric Vehicle Charging in Stratas. Find webinars, resources, and links to provide the information you need to install and manage electric vehicle (EV) chargers and charging systems in your strata corporation.