The Government of British Columbia has launched a new strata housing website.
To better support strata residents, the B.C. government is launching a new enhanced strata website.
This new website makes it easier for strata residents to understand their rights and responsibilities and access information to help them operate and maintain their property.
Website features include:
- Tips and best practices
- Links to strata associations
- Online forms
The website builds on the Province’s strata guides by updating information, organizing by topic and making it searchable. In addition, the website offers new information including advice for living in stratas, insurance and common issues such as smoking and pet bylaws.
- More than a million British Columbians – roughly one in four – live in stratas.
- There are approximately half a million residential strata lots and 29,000 strata corporations in B.C.
- Strata housing can include condos, duplexes, townhouses, time-share vacation properties, even single-family homes in bare land ‘strata subdivisions’.
- Strata lot owners own the common property together as a strata corporation.
- All members in the strata corporation must pay strata fees and comply with the Strata Property Act and the strata’s individual bylaws.
Strata website: www.gov.bc.ca/strata