Victoria, BC V8X 1C9
Ongoing occasional legal advice from a strata lawyer can be a cost-effective way for a strata corporation to reduce the risk of disputes arising, and when they do, to have processes in place to foster fair and efficient resolution.
Working with a strata lawyer can also take the guesswork out of correctly interpreting the law and free up valuable time for busy volunteer council members to deal with other matters.
If you are a strata council looking for help to properly apply the Strata Property Act and other relevant laws to the business of managing your condominium, townhouse complex, or strata subdivision, I would be pleased to work with you.
I can provide assistance in areas such as:
- Reviewing and updating strata bylaws or rules
- Preparing to deal with legally sensitive issues at owners’ meetings
- Ensuring that due process and other legal requirements are followed when enforcing bylaws and collecting fees and other assessments
- Reviewing and negotiating contracts (e.g., with property managers)
- Issues of owner vs. strata responsibility for property maintenance and repair
I am also available to provide legal services to strata lot owners.